29 April 2006

My Yahoo! Imagine all your favourite things on one page. That's My Yahoo!.


Well it has been a long time between drinks since I last took a look at My Yahoo! I have been trying it out for the last week or so and I got to say, it has grown on me. The idea of having all your favourite content in the one place is rather appealing.

You can select from all the usual Yahoo service, like email, weather, news, sports, messenger, etc. and if Yahoo services doesn't has the right content for you they have now provided a nifty RSS feed for external content. So your page brings together everything from the web that is right for you.

The layout is fully customizable with the number of columns and placement of 'modules'. And there are some pretty funky colour schemes to choose from. You can also share your entire page with friends or email an individual module to a friend.

My Yahoo! is by far superior to Google's Personalized Home page, although I do like their classic arcade games. However Google is lacking the content that My Yahoo! has to offer. So if you want practical try out My Yahoo! but if you are looking fun then head over to Google.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chewy said...

Thats pretty funny. You're bagging Google on a Google powered service. That's gold.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home